Groomsmen Gifts & Best Groomsmen Gift Ideas
We don’t like to get too cheesy at The Ridge, but finding the love of your life is one of the most incredible gifts life can give you. It’s also an incredible gift to have loved ones surround you on your special day — especially your hand-picked crew of groomsmen. They’re the friends who have been by your side for a long time and are ready to support you on your special day. In return, thank them for celebrating this milestone with you with cool groomsmen gifts.
The problem is, groomsmen gifts often end up feeling gimmicky. Let’s be honest — you’re better than that. While gift-giving is an ancient art that’s lost to most, when you nail a gift, it will be appreciated for years to come.
You want a gift that’s practical. A gift that’s personal. High-quality. Long-lasting. Thoughtful. Something that will stand the test of time and embodies how important and valuable your groomsmens’ friendships are to both of you.
But, no pressure.
Buying the perfect groomsmen gift is an art — but one that can be easily learned. Let’s break down how much you should spend on a groomsmen gift, what the best groomsmen gifts are, different types of groomsmen gift ideas (outdoorsy, sporty, badass), why they’re important, and the best time to give your cool groomsmen gift.
How Much Should You Spend on Groomsmen Gifts?
Lucky for you, there’s a groomsmen gift to fit every budget. When choosing how much to spend on groomsmen gifts, consider your budget and how it fits into your wedding party. If you're throwing a low-key wedding, getting them an overly ornate gift would be mismatched. On the other hand, if you’re throwing a very luxurious wedding and extravagant bachelor party, a small smart-looking pocket knife may not be well received. (Unless it’s areally smart-looking pocket knife).
Depending on the number of groomsmen, type of wedding, and level of effort they need to put in (are they paying for an expensive bachelor party? Traveling far for your big day? On charming duty with your new in-laws?), you can gift accordingly. Most groomsmen gifts can range from $25-$150 each, and it’s traditional to go a little higher or add on an extra gift for your best man.
What are the Best Groomsmen Gifts?
Long gone are the days of drinking till dawn, cruising bars, and road trips to every baseball stadium in the US. As you enter a new phase in your life, it’s important to give them a perfect gift that is worthy of the bond you’ll always share. While looking through gift ideas, try to consider what your favorite men (or female groomsman) enjoy doing most with you — this way, the gift will feel more personal when you present it to them.
Some of our favorite picks include:
- Some of the best things in life, like your friendship, get better with age. And Whiskey. Get your friends a Custom Engraved Personalized American Oak Whiskey Aging Barrel, and they'll be so busy aging their own spirits into top-shelf flavors, they won't even notice that you're starting to look for a started home in the suburbs. Order from Amazon for $59.
- What says male tribe more than fancy weaponry? It carries the brotherly sentiment of going to war with your friends, or at least in a well-choreographed Sharks & Jets fight. Rather than settling for a basic pocket knife, up the ante with Personalized Axium Effort Hacket that exudes brotherhood from Groovy Groomsmen Gifts for $35.
- Man might have created fire, but your groomsmen will perfect it. A Personalized High Polish Chrome Lighter is only $32 and will delight more than just your friends who's still obsessed with Mad Men. It's the perfect combination of primal and refined, and one that your friends will keep in their pocket, and close to their heart, for years to come.
- Your Don Draper friend will really like this one, too. Good taste in alcohol is one thing, but it's another to store it in a way that adds a special 'je ne sais quoi." A Square Whiskey Decanter with customizable enraged glass will leave your friends touched, shaken, and stirred for just $46.
- Life is filled with change, and you need a smart wallet to keep track of all of it! The Ridge Wallet is RFID blocking, has ergonomic and practical features that will fit each one of your groomsmen's needs. With quicker access to cash and cards and a variety of highly durable materials, this wallet is a smart gift for any savvy groomsman. Not to mention, it's very sleek looking and only $85 each. If you're looking for something with a tech angle, consider this phone charging wallet instead.
Outdoorsy Groomsmen Gifts
Would your friends rather spend all day on a hike than strutting the city streets? An outdoorsy gift will represent your shared love of the great outdoors, and the one you’re embarking on with their support. It’s a unique gift that represents the mountains you’ve climbed in your friendships; the peaks, the valleys, and green pastures. Our favorites outdoorsy groomsmen gifts include:
Sports Groomsmen Gifts
Your groomsmen are your starting lineup team in a Super Bowl event of your life — your wedding. For groomsmen who you know would leave it all on the field for you, there are sporty, personalized groomsmen gifts that’ll be a total home run:
- Monogrammed golf caddy cooler
- Fishing gear
- Baseball bats
- Wedding-themed sports jerseys (and game tickets!)
Badass Groomsmen Gifts
From helping carry your 150-pound washing machine down your walkup apartment steps, to your 200-pound self up them after a long night of drinking, your friends have proven they’re your ride or dies. For friends who have proven how badass they are, they deserve a unique groomsmen gift to match:
Are Groomsmen Gifts Necessary?
Can you get married without giving your groomsmen gifts? Of course. But this is about more than a gift – it’s about finding a way to show your friends how important they’ve been in helping you become the person who you are, the person was able to find and marry their partner. And something that’s as simple as a bottle opener shot glass, or simple knife will not suffice.
When Do You Give Groomsmen Gifts
There are a few different times that it would be appropriate to give your groomsmen gifts, but its most important to give them the gifts at a time that they’ll have the opportunity to put them away if they’re too large to carry around. Traditional times to give your groomsmen their gifts include the bachelor dinner before the party, your rehearsal dinner, the day of the ceremony, or even earlier when you ask them to be your groomsmen.
If doing it at a seated event, you can have the gifts set out in front of each groomsmen’s seat, or hand them out one by one. Don’t forget to include a card and personalized note to add an extra layer of appreciation.
Whenever you end up giving your gift to your groomsmen, it’ll be thoughtful (and if it's from this list, awesome), and one they will cherish for the rest of their lives — just like your friendship.